Commercial Roof Coating
Anyone who lives in or around Catawba County knows how hot the summers can get around here. At the same time, our part of the world is no stranger to freezing weather and even the occasional ice storm.
When you think about it, it’s pretty amazing that your commercial roof can stand up to so many temperature extremes year in and year out. That’s not to mention the beating it takes from wind, rain, snow, debris, and foot traffic.
Yet no roof will last forever, no matter how gently it’s treated. That’s why we’d like to tell you about our commercial roof coating experts and how they can save you money, both now and down the road. In fact, a coated roof is one of the most sensible investments you can make in your organization’s physical assets.
Why now is the time to consider a roof recoat
As a business owner or manager, you’ve got plenty of things on your plate already. With so many tasks that need doing, why should now be the time when you focus on your building’s roof?
That’s an excellent question. Here are four good answers:
- To prevent a costly repair job later on: Replacing a failing roof is one of the biggest expenses any organization can undertake. Why put yourself through that kind of financial burden when a fresh coating may extend the life of your existing roof by a decade or longer?
- To slash your utility costs: Today’s lightly colored roof coatings reflect up to 85% of the sun’s heat back into the surrounding air. Think of what a difference that can make to your operating expenses during our area’s long and sizzling summers.
- To enjoy the advantage of today’s roof recoating products: Your newly coated roof will almost certainly be more resilient, more economical, and more attractive than what you currently have. That’s thanks to the exciting advances in commercial roofing technology that have taken place in the last few years.
- To promote the image of your business as an eco-friendly organization: Companies that are known for being ecologically conscious are well-regarded throughout their community. That’s the kind of smart PR that can translate into new clients and an ongoing edge over your competitors.
The four most common types of commercial roof coatings
Our commercial roof coating pros offer our clients a wide range of high-quality coatings. Four of the most common product types include:
- Asphalt emulsions: These contain a mixture of asphalt, water, and an emulsifying agent such as clay. They offer low odors, high skid resistance, and ease of maintenance.
- Silicone roof coatings: Naturally water-resistant, silicone roofing compounds stand up well to UV rays as well as heavy or prolonged rain. Many silicone coatings come in white or other bright colors to reflect heat and reduce cooling bills.
- Acrylic roof coatings: Typically applied in a perpendicular pattern, acrylics are durable, affordable, and resilient. An acrylic flat roof coating usually requires a second application 2-3 years after the initial treatment to ensure long-term durability.
- Solvent-based products: These coatings dry quickly and can be applied during any season of the year, even in the middle of winter. Highly flexible, they expand or contract with temperature changes. Because of the chemicals involved in their manufacture, they require a high degree of expertise when applied.
Each type of commercial roof coating has its share of advantages and considerations. Our representatives will give you more information during their visit to your facility. Premiere Roofing proudly offers Conklin Roof Coatings that come with a manufacturer roofing warranty.
What about metal roof coatings?
Metal roofs require special rust-inhibitive coatings designed to bond well with painted metallic surfaces. Our experts will perform a careful inspection of your current roof before recommending a specific product.
Can a roof coating help you to owe less in taxes this year?
Your organization may be able to deduct the cost for your commercial roof coating from this year’s taxes. Consult your company accountant or tax expert for more information.
Once you consider all the advantages, it’s easy to see why a coated roof may be the kind of practical, money-saving investment your company needs during these challenging times.
Contact Us for Commercial Roof Coating Service Today
We’re sure you have lots of questions, so we invite you to reach out to us today to schedule a visit from our commercial roof coating contractors.
We’ll evaluate your current roof, make our recommendations, and give you the facts you need to make an informed decision.