Residential Metal Roofing
A modern metal roof offers many advantages over older, more traditional options like asphalt shingles. As residential metal roofing contractors, we’d like to tell you more about the benefits of this durable and modern material.
Why Residential Metal Roof Installation is Your Best Choice
Metal roofing has long endured a bad reputation in many parts of the country. This is primarily due to the outdated practice of making roofs out of tin, a noisy material prone to rust.
However, those days are in the past. Today’s metal roofing is a fresh new approach to guarding your home against the elements. It’s made with powerful anti-rust compounds, allowing it to fend off corrosion for many years to come.
A modern residential metal roof installation is also a beautiful choice, with a wide range of shades and hues to match virtually any color scheme. In addition, you’ll never have to worry about the sound of rain keeping you up at night since it’s made with noise-dampening features.
Not only are metal roofs durable and beautiful, but they’re also energy efficient. In fact, metal roofing can help you to enjoy significant savings on your utility bills by reflecting the North Carolina summer heat back into the atmosphere. You’ll also stay warm during the winter, thanks to your new roof’s underlying insulation.
Residential Metal Roofing Types
The modern roofing industry uses four types of metal in residential settings. These are:
- Aluminum: With its lightweight and remarkable anti-corrosive properties, this is a great choice for homes in Wilmington or other parts of coastal North Carolina, a region that’s famous for its salty sea air.
- Zinc: This is an extremely durable roofing material that can last for up to a century. Zinc also possesses unique “self-healing” properties that make it highly resistant to scratches.
- Steel: Modern steel roofs are coated with either zinc or an aluminum-zinc mixture to ward off rust. Steel’s widespread availability means that it’s perhaps the most economical choice for budget-conscious homeowners. The vast majority of steel used today is made from recycled components, so it’s also an eco-friendly choice.
- Copper: Copper roofing acquires a lovely patina over time that adds character to its natural beauty. This makes it a perfect choice for historic or heirloom homes.
Residential Metal Roofing Systems We Offer
Premiere Roofing & Gutters offers two metal roofing systems for the residents of North Carolina. No matter what look you are hoping to achieve, the experts at Premiere Roofing & Gutters have your home covered.
- Standing Seam Metal Roofing – Large, flat panels with seamed edges. It’s held in place by hidden fasteners, not by external screws.
- Ribbed Metal Roofing – Heavy-gauge steel panels held in place by external fasteners topped with rubber or silicone washers. Often, described as having a “rippled” appearance.
Residential Metal Roof Replacement
Perhaps you have an existing metal roof that’s seen its better days. If so, then our technicians can remove your outdated roofing and replace it with the latest materials on today’s market, giving your entire residence a remarkable facelift. You may even find that your new roof lowers your utility bills and boosts your home’s resale value.
Residential Metal Roofing Installation You Can Trust
Premiere Roofing & Gutters has been serving North Carolinians for more than two decades. Our work is guaranteed, and we’re happy to provide references from past clients.
Get in touch with us today (828)268-3234 to learn more about our residential roofing services. Our customer service experts will answer your questions and give you a free, no-obligation residential roofing estimate, so you’ll soon have the facts you need to make an informed decision. We look forward to hearing from you.