As a certified master elite roofing contractor, any installation of GAF shingles by our residential roofing contractors in North Carolina entitles you to the full 50-year GAF Roof Warranty. Living in North Carolina, we see extreme weather—including strong winds, hail storms, ice, snow, and hurricanes—so it’s crucial to be sure your investment is protected by a substantial warranty. One of the reasons we work with GAF shingles is their top-of-the-line manufacturer’s warranty.
We are happy to provide answers to common roof warranty questions, such as:
Which shingles are covered?
Premiere offers Timberline HDZ Shingles and Timberline Natural Shadow Shingles. ALL architectural and asphalt shingles are covered by GAF’s manufacturer roof warranty.
What are other roofing components covered by warranty?
In addition to your shingles, a GAF roofing system warranty also covers:
- Leak barrier
- Roof deck protection
- Starter strip shingles
- Cobra attic ventilation
- Ridge cap shingles
Do I have to register for the basic GAF warranty?
No, you do not need to register a basic GAF warranty. However, you should hold onto your proof of purchase, such as the installation invoice or contract we provide.
Do I have to register for the enhanced GAF warranty?
No, as your roofing contractor, we will take care of everything for you. We will register your enhanced warranty (System Plus, Silver Pledge, or Golden Pledge) and provide you with a copy within 60 days of installation. If, for some reason, you do not receive this paperwork, contact us at 828-457-8830 or GAF directly at 1-877-423-7663.
What types of GAF shingle warranty are there?
The basic GAF shingle warranty covers a 10-year period, but most customers opt to upgrade to one of the enhanced warranties.
GAF enhanced warranties are only available for a residential roof installation in North Carolina that is installed by a certified contractor— like those employed by Premiere Roofing. You are free to choose from any of the following options:
- GAF System Plus 9 Limited Warranty – Instead of 10 years, your protection period extends to 50 years and covers the cost of tear-off when necessary.
- Silver Pledge Limited Warranty – In addition to 50-year protection and tear-off coverage, you receive 10 years of workmanship coverage and disposal when necessary.
- Golden Pledge Limited Warranty – In addition to the Silver Pledge protection, you receive workmanship coverage lasting for 20, 25, or 30 years depending on the shingle type installed.
What is a ‘limited lifetime warranty on an architectural shingles installation?
“Lifetime” refers to the length of coverage provided by your GAF warranty as long as you own the residence. You may also transfer the warranty to a secondary owner by calling GAF. However, when the building is a corporation or multi-use structure, the warranty length is limited to 40 years.
“Limited” also means it will be reduced to reflect the years of use of the GAF product:
- Years 0-25: GAF covers 100% of the cost during the Smart Choice Protection Period.
- Years 25-40: GAF covers 50% toward replacement architectural shingles installation.
- Years 41+: GAF contributes 20% toward replacement costs.
Is workmanship covered with a GAF warranty?
Yes, workmanship is covered for a manufacturing defect that arises during the Smart Choice Protection Period. GAF will pay the full reasonable cost for labor and materials as long as the installation is done by a certified GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor.
Are my residential roofing shingles covered for wind damage?
GAF residential roofing shingles and ridge cap shingles are covered by a 15-year Wind Warranty with reasonable reimbursement for damaged or wind-blown shingles. Accessories are not covered.
What is NOT covered by my GAF asphalt shingle roofing warranty?
Misapplication of asphalt shingle roofing is not covered by a GAF warranty. This includes failure to install adequate ventilation.
How do I file a warranty claim?
Warranty claims can be filed in several ways:
- Online at www.gaf.com/contact
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling 1-800-458-1860
- Or by mail: GAF, Warranty Claims Department, 1 Campus Drive, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
Contact us today
Contact Premiere Roofing NC for fully warrantied roof installations in Hickory or Wilmington, North Carolina, as well as the South Carolina coast.