Snow and Ice Roof Damage Repair
For snow and ice roof damage repair that you can depend on, choose the trusted pros in North Carolina at Premiere Roofing & Gutters. Ice dams form due to ice storms or snow storms. Snow or ice dam damage to a roof typically takes one of two forms:
- Ice dams can lift shingles up, which can lead to water leaks and water damage to your roof and home. This can then lead to wood rot or the formation of mold in roof insulation. Ice dams can also cause the collapse of gutters if it accumulates.
- A collapsed roof or collapsed gutters due to the weight of snow and ice dams.
Both problems can have devastating effects on your home or business unless they’re promptly addressed.
If you’re concerned that the roof of your residence or commercial property is in danger from an ice dam or snow buildup, it is critical that you contact us today for a free inspection. The quicker you act, the more you can help prevent further damage and the need for costly repair work. If you believe that your roof is not in great shape and needs maintenance in anticipation of winter storms, we’re happy to come by and recommend the best preventative measures and provide a complimentary quote. Our customers know they’re getting long-term peace of mind with Premiere Roofing because our technicians use top-quality materials like GAF leak protection shields and GAF roofing shingles that come with a 50-year lifetime warranty.
We can also assist with roof damage insurance claims due to ice and snow.
Premiere Roofing & Gutters has been in business over 20 years and we specialize in both residential roof repair and commercial roof repair. We handle everything from patch roofing and shingle replacement to complete roof replacement. Call now to schedule your free roof inspection!
What Are Ice Dams and What Causes Ice Dams to Form?
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of your roof that can prevent melting snow from reaching the gutters and draining off your roof. If the water is being blocked and is pooling behind the ice dam, there is a strong possibility that it can flow under roof shingles and leak into the house, damaging walls, floors, and other materials.
Ice dams are created when heated air from inside a home or business reaches the high center portion of the roof but not the eaves or overhangs.
Signs of Ice Dam Roof Damage & Snow Damage to Roof
Ice dams cause serious problems for your roof and home. Top signs of ice dam roof damage include:
- Curled, torn, loose, or missing shingles.
- Rotting wood – melted ice and snow can work its way into the lumber that holds your roof and attic together, causing it to come apart.
- Poor indoor air quality – Mold and mildew can grow inside your roof’s insulation and create unpleasant odors.
- Moisture damage inside the home – including puddles of water in the attic or water spots on the ceiling.
- Discolored ice or water on the exterior walls.
- Gray or brownish icicles on the edge of the roof or the front side of your gutters – the unusual coloring indicates that the water has already entered your home and is flowing out through gaps in the eaves or soffits.
- Water seeping through entry points in your home – like door frames or windows.
- Gutters that stay clogged with ice or snow.
- Ice forming behind the gutters themselves.
- Snow melts high on the roof but not lower down – these “hot spots” occurs in the valleys of the roof.
Your home may be at special risk for these problems if it has suffered ice dam roof leaks in the past.
Consult a Roofing Damage Repair Contractor You Can Trust
At Premiere Roofing & Gutters, we’ve seen firsthand the harm that ice dam water damage can inflict on buildings in Charlotte, Hickory, and the surrounding areas. That’s why we devote ourselves to protecting our clients from these problems. Here’s what sets us apart from our competitors:
- The quality of our materials – like GAF roofing shingles with an available 50-year warranty and advanced wind shield protection.
- The expertise of our technicians – many of our skilled and highly-trained technicians have been in the roofing profession for over 20 years.
- Our membership in the Better Business Bureau (BBB) – we hold an A+ rating with the agency.
- Our track record – we’re happy to provide references from past customers.
Ice Dam Roof Repair Services
Premiere Roofing contractors can clear ice dams off your roof, repair any water or ice damage, and provide ice dam flat roof repair.
When providing water leak repair, we work with every type of roofing material on today’s market, including asphalt shingles, cedar shakes, metal panels, and flat membranes such as TPO and EPDM. We can even complete structural work on the sub-roofing, whether it’s made from wood or metal. Our rates are fair and our work is guaranteed.
Ice Damage Roof Insurance Claims: How We Can Help
When you choose us as your roofing contractor, you’ll benefit from our years of experience dealing with insurance companies. We can help you with every stage of the claims process, from filing the initial home roof insurance claim forms to getting every penny you deserve. This alone can save you endless hours of frustration and worry.
Schedule an Ice Dam Roof Inspection Today
Contact us through our online form or call us today to schedule a visit from one of our knowledgeable ice dam damage repair experts. We will carry out a comprehensive roof inspection free of charge, review our findings with you, and give you all the information you need to decide on next steps, along with a free roof repair estimate. With our help, you’ll soon put your roofing worries to rest!